- Antonio Monteiro de Castro
Antonio was the Chief Operating Officer of British American Tobacco (“BAT”) prior to his retirement in December 2007, a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. He is a Senior Independent Director of BlackRock Latin American Investment Trust PLC, a Director of Tupperware Brands Corp. and a Director of Getúlio Vargas Foundation, an academic and research organisation in Brazil.
- Nick Thompson
Chief Executive Officer
- Nick joined the Company in 1984 after completing a Masters Degree in tropical agriculture development. His progress through the Company included successfully managing the project development at Kapiura and then the research station at Dami. From October 1991, he was both Senior Manager of the Mosa group of plantations and Deputy Director Plantations. Nick was appointed Managing Director in June 1994 after completing his MBA at Bath University, in the UK.
- Alan Chaytor
- Alan has been working with NBPOL since 1984 when the Company was a part of Harrisons & Crosfield PLC. He went on to become the soft commodities director for Harrisons & Crosfield PLC based in Singapore. Alan started Pacific Rim Plantation Services Pte Ltd in 1994, and lived in Singapore until 2002. He is an active member in the trade and various palm oil associations and bodies. A major and committed shareholder through his wholly owned company, Pacific Rim. Alan has responsibility for sales and marketing and investor relations in the UK. He is also a director of Renew Energy Limited.
- Hj Ahamad Mohamad
Ahamad Mohamad has been the Managing Director of Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad, a company listed on the Bursa Malaysia. He is Chief Executive of the Palm Oils Division of Johor Corporation and holds positions on the board of a number of other companies including healthcare within JCorp Group as well as charitable enterprises. Ahamad graduated with Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree from the University of Malaya.
- Dato’ Kamaruzzaman Abu Kassim
- Dato’ Kamaruzzaman Abu Kassim is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Johor Corporation (“JCorp”) and has been serving JCorp for more than 20 years. Being a Board Member of JCorp, he also sits as the Chairman of several companies in JCorp Group, namely Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad, KPJ Healthcare Berhad, Damansara Realty Bhd, Damansara REIT Managers Sdn Bhd, the manager of Al-Aqar KPJ Reit, Johor Land Berhad, Sindora Berhad, Tanjung Langsat Port Sdn Bhd and Damansara Assets Sdn Bhd. Dato’ Kamaruzzaman is also a Director of Waqaf An-Nur Corporation Berhad, an Islamic endowment institution which spearheads JCorp’s Corporate Responsibility programmes. He also sits as President for a few Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) namely Malaysia Yachting Association, Johor Yachting Association and Johor Motor Club. He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accountancy from the University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia.
- Sir Joseph Tauvasa
Independent Non -Executive Director
Sir Joseph comes from West New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea. He is the current Chairman of South Pacific Brewery Limited, a PNG’s Councilor on ABAC (APEC Business Advisory Council) and Chairman of the Extemal Stakeholder Advisory Panel of the Hidden Valley Joint Venture Mine in PNG. He was a former Chairman of Air Niugini, a director of Westpac Bank PNG Limited, a Director of Lihir Gold Limited and a Member of CRA Advisory Board in PNG. He also served as President of the Institute of National Affairs, President of the PNG Australia Business Council.
- Sir Brown Bai, KBE, CSM, CBE
Independent Non-Executive Director
- Sir Brown is the chairman of the Rural Industries Council of Papua New Guinea, chairman of Petromin PNG Holdings and chairman of the National Government’s Public Sector Review Advisory Group (PSRAG). He is also the incumbent Managing Director and Chairman of the PNG Palm Oil Producers Association and works as a consultant primarily to the agricultural industries. He serves as a member of National Tripartite Consultative Council representing the private sector in PNG. Sir Brown was a former Managing Director of the PNG Banking Corporation and between 1976 to 1999 Sir Brown served in the public service where he held various positions including Deputy Director of the Office of National Planning, Secretary for the Department of Primary Industries, Secretary for Department of Prime Minister and the National Executive Council and Secretary for Treasury. He also served as a member of the Board of the PNG Central Bank and was PNG’s Ambassador to the EEC, Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands and Greece.
- Francis Goh
Group Company Secretary
- Francis Goh joined NBPOL as Group Company Secretary in 2009. He was called to the Bar of England and Wales and admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He has over 15 years experience negotiating and managing cross-border transactions and acquisitions. Prior to joining NBPOL, he was part of the management team that successfully managed a corporate and debt restructuring exercise for a company listed on the Singapore stock exchange. It was Singapore’s largest successful corporate debt restructuring exercise. Francis graduated with LL.B (Hons) from QMW, University of London.